We offer a wide variety of athletics and recreation programs and activities that will help you build new friendships, while keeping you physically and mentally engaged outside of class.
Our programs are available at the Keele campus's 1,000-square-foot fitness centre and a number of modern facilities including the new York Lions Stadium (formerly Pan Am Stadium), Alumni Field, the Toronto Track & Field Centre, Canlan Ice Sports and the Aviva Centre (fees may apply). You’ll have access to:
- varsity sports clubs including men’s baseball, women’s lacrosse, badminton, fencing, golf and swimming;
- intramural sports including soccer, flag football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, badminton, ice hockey, ball hockey, broom ball, bowling and more;
- exercise classes in swimming, squash, tennis, ballet, hip hop, Muay Thai and more;
- casual drop-in sports including basketball, indoor soccer, badminton, volleyball, open swimming or squash;
- boot camps/CrossFit;
- sport clubs offering archery, fencing, quidditch, jujutsu and equestrian
Points of Pride
A rich tradition of athletic achievement at York spans more than 50 years. Here are a few of our recent highlights:
- winner of four men’s national soccer championships in eight years (2008, 2010, 2014, 2015);
- winner of 2015 Women’s Tennis Canadian University Championships;
- host of 2015 CIS Soccer Championships and 201 CIS Track & Field Championships;
- 19 varsity athletic teams representing York provincially and nationally.